Friday, January 28, 2011

My MAC Neutral Palette



From left to right: *Vanilla, Shroom, Ricepaper

From left to right: Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, *Cork

From left to right: *Sable, Satin Taupe, Mulch

*Carbon

Vanilla, Shroom, Ricepaper, Naked Lunch, All That Glitters Cork

Sable, Satin Taupe, Mulch, Carbon

MAC Palettes (15): $150 with all 15 eyeshadow's in them.

This is my MAC Neutral Palette. As you can see, not all of my slots are filled in. I got this palette about a month ago and there are still many shades that I want in there but I already have in the plastic containers. For example, Amber Lights and Soft brown are already one's I have it plastic containers and I will wait till their all used up to get a new one to put in my palette.

I use pretty much all of these colors but my absolute favorite is Vanilla. It's so universal and I use it every day (pretty much!). I absolutely LOVE THAT COLOR. Cork is the best brown I've ever come across. If you do not have this color, get it! Even if you think you have a color that is similar, it's not. Go ahead and splurge and GET IT! It's so blend-able and works well with ALL COLORS. Yeah, even bright fun colors. It really helps to soften harsh lines. 

Here is a list of all the colors and their descriptions:

  • Vanilla: Velvet finish. VERY LIGHT pink/champagne color. Great all over the lid or as a highlight and a very subtle inner corner brightener
  • Shroom: Satin finish. Shimmery greycast white. Good for a highlight or inner corner. Used to be my favorite light color until I got vanilla. 
  • Ricepaper: Frost finish. I think it's anything but. It doesn't show up shimmery on me at all. It's really close to my skin tone and I often use it between my brow highlight and eyeshadow to even out skin tones.
  • Naked Lunch: Frost finish. Beautiful universal light pink/champagne. Darker than vanilla. 
  • All That Glitters: Frost finish. Darker pink with champagne undertones. 
  • Cork: Matte finish. Cannot get enough of it. Great for blending and crease color.
  • Sable: Frost finish. Wonderful for in the crease! Good to work with.
  • Satin Taupe: Frost finish. I haven't quite figured out a way to use this. If you have any tips, let me know!
  • Mulch: Frost finish. Similar to Sable but darker. Good for Smokey eyes!
  • Carbon: Matte Finish. Amazing black. So wearable and blendable.
What should be in this palette:
  • Amber Lights: Perfect gold! Love all over the lid or for a gold smokey eye.
  • Soft Brown: Matte finish. Favorite brown besides cork. Very light brown. 
___________________________________________________
My advice is that if you don't have any neutral shades because you love these bright fun colors, please try again. Neutral colors have the ability to bring out your natural beauty  and you can wear dramatic lips with them.

(Disclaimer: This product was bought with my own money and these are my own truthful opinions. I am not being sponsored in any way with this company.)

No comments:

Post a Comment