Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion






The picture above was when the product was rubbed into my skin.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: $18
* Currently available at Sephora and Ulta (online as well). This also comes in other colors/formulas. See sephora.com or ulta.com for more information.

Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP) is an eyeshadow primer that is designed to make your eyeshadow last longer and look more vibrant. It also helps with creasing if you have issues in that area. In my opinion, UDPP gets the job done. I have never had a problem with creasing in my eyeshadows, but my eyeshadow does not last all day without UDPP. I use it everyday after I put on my foundation and by the end of the day, my eyeshadow is still looking like I just put it on hours ago.

The one pictured above is 10 mL or 0.34 US oz. The packaging is cute although not very practical. My bottle of UDPP is relatively new so I still have a lot of product coming out on the brush. I've heard that after awhile, although the product might seem to have dried out, is hasn't. There are many videos on youtube.com, showing you how to cut open the bottle to get out the rest of the product. After watching them, I am amazed at the amount of product that was still in the bottle even though it was not coming out.

A problem that I have had with this product is the crusting around the outter rim between the top and the bottle. It seems as if there was too much product in the container and it oozed out when I was closing the cap. Although it is annoying and it looks messy and gross, it doesn't impact the product at all.

Overall, I would recommend this product just based on the product itself. Urban Decay needs a new bottle design because this one is not at all practical. For those who don't know about the bottle malfunction, they are wasting a lot of money. I feel like $18 dollars is not to expensive for the amount of product that you get and how it works.

9 out of 10 stars. I take away 1 star for the bottle design and the crusting issue.

(Disclaimer: This product was bought with my own money and these are my own truthful opinions. I am not being sponsored in any way with this company.)


No comments:

Post a Comment