Thursday, January 27, 2011

Urban Decay Naked Palette



From left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar

From left to right: Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse

From left to right: Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle

From left to right: Creep, Gunmetal

24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil: Zero, Whiskey

Urban Decay Naked Palette: $44 
* I know that this palette is extremely hard to find. After months of searching for this, I found them eventually at Ulta but Sephora also carries then when available. Check online. 

Urban Decay Naked Palette (UDNP) is one of the greatest palettes I've ever had the privilege to own. For those who love neutral looks and wear them pretty much everyday, this palette is a MUST! It has 12 shades. Eight shades are neutral colors while pack a little color breeze which is much welcomed. Six shades are on the permanent line while 5 are new and one is re-promoted. 

The eyeshadows are:

  • Virgin: Pale beige nude with a hint of shimmer. 
  • Sin: Champagne with a hint of pink. This shade is on the permanent line. 
  • Naked: A beige/brown matte color. One of my favorite shades. Great for blending. This shade is on the permanant line.
  • Sidecar: A shimmery brown/gold color. This is the re-promoted shade.
  • Buck: A dark brown matte color. 
  • Half Baked: Copper-ish with a frosty finish. Absolutely beautiful color. Plus, it reminds me of raw cookie dough! :) This shade is permanent.
  • Smog: Medium to dark bronze with shimmer. This shade is permanent.  
  • Darkhorse: Dark chocolate brown with a touch of bronze shimmer.
  • Toasted: Pinky milk chocolate brown with light shimmer. This shade is on the permanent line. 
  • Hustle: Dark chocolate brown with a hint of plum color. Light shimmer.
  • Creep: Black with silver shimmer. 
  • Gunmetal: Metallic grey. This shade is on the permanent line. 
This palette also contain a double ended 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Zero (black) and Whiskey (chocolate brown with red undertones). The palette also comes with a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion. The palette is beautifully structured with a velvet like outside and gold lettering. There is no other word to describe this palette: classy. The value of the product is amazing too. You get 12 full sized shades (0.05 oz) for $44 dollars. Urban Decays individual eyeshadows cost $17 dollars. That's a $204 dollar value for $44 dollars. That's an amazing deal and you're nuts if you find one and don't buy it. These shades are something that you will find reaching for every day. They are so wearable and I absolutely LOVE THEM! 

All of the shades are rich in color and pigmented just right. Building the color up is very easy. There are different types of eyeshadows from shimmery to matte. You can wear them with any outfit and the pink-browns and plum-browns just make the palette all the more wearable. You can go from  natural, to neutral, to smokey, to dramatic. This palette does....it....all!!!

I know that this palette is extremely hard to find. My recommendation: Don't spend an insane amount of money to get this on ebay.com or amazon.com. Yes, they are flying off the shelves, and yes it is totally worth the buy. But this palette is on the permanent line. Just be patient. I waited 3 months before I found one. And like boyfriends, as soon as I stopped running to the store and calling to see if they had one, I walked into Ulta to get some cotton balls and THERE IS WAS. I could hear the chorus of angels.

I still love my MAC Neutral Palette but I find that I take both out and mix them up. I could literally just have this palette, some brushes, lipstick, blush and mascara and I would be set for a lifetime. 

10 out of 10 stars. The only thing I don't like is the color creep. It is wearable but I prefer Carbon by MAC. But that is personal preference and I can't take off a star for that. 

(Disclaimer: This product was bought with my own money and these are my own truthful opinions. I am not being sponsored in any way with this company.)

No comments:

Post a Comment